Here Are 7 More High School Fundraising Events & Activities
This is a 21st century version of the old-fashioned bake sale. The TV show made this idea very popular.
- In this school fundraiser you can challenge everyone bring their best cupcakes.
- Charge an entry fee for either the cupcake bakers or the tickets for the people that want to try cupcakes.
- Award prizes to the best cupcake and the most creative decorated cupcake idea.
Don’t be surprised if this is a big hit with all of your students. Makes a great middle and elementary school fundraising event too.
The 50/50 School Lottery
Who do you know that would like to win some extra cash?
Most people would love an opportunity to win some easy money. A 50-50 lottery is a great way to do this.
How does it work?
Actually it’s quite simple. You sell tickets anywhere from one dollar to five dollars each. Half of the money goes to your PTA, PTO or booster club, and the other half is awarded as a cash prize. Talk to your schooling officials like the principal to see if this is okay to do in your local state. fundraiser ideas for high schools
Now if all of the students sold raffle tickets, then you will sell a whole boatload of tickets this way. Remember to emphasize to people that the more tickets they buy, the better chance they have to win.
Make sure you have a big theatrical drawing night that everyone can attend. You can also do a live stream feed on Facebook or Instagram for your supporters.
Finally, be sure to spread the word on social media this way. Highlight how the 50-50 raffle will help your students this year.
American Teen Idol Fundraiser
This is another fun school fundraiser because there are probably many talented young people in your class rooms.
Your teen idol school fundraising ideas will give the kids an opportunity to shine. Additionally it may provide a wonderful opportunity to give them the exposure they are looking for.
- Do a live stream on facebook or instagram.
- Allow people to vote on social media.
- You can charge a dollar for every vote and encourage people to vote as many times as they like.
- Make sure you use social media to talk this up as much as possible.
- Finally, contact the press about your fundraising event.
Flash Mob Or Dance Fundraiser
Now this is another fun way for high schoolers to make money. This is perfect if you have a choir, band or dance team.
How does this work?
You have seen flash mobs on YouTube before. A group of people seemingly out of nowhere appear within a crowd and begin to either sing, dance or play a musical instrument. They each wait for the group text or signal. At first no one knows what’s going on, but within a few seconds after everyone is enjoying the show. At the end of the performance everyone applauds.
How can you monetize this school fundraiser?
- You can pass the hat around and give people the opportunity to donate to your school fundraiser.
- You can get paid by a local business to create a buzz at their store.
Peer To Peer School Fundraiser
Has your juniors and seniors tried peer to peer fundraisers yet?
A peer to peer fundraiser reaches out to all the people you know in your network.
- Friends and family.
- Coworkers and neighbors
- And the friends of your coworkers, neighbors, friends and family too.
People like to help people that they like already. So a peer to peer fundraising event allows you to take advantage of this opportunity.
Please remember that you must have a good reason for raising money. Furthermore, it must help people to feel good about themselves for supporting you.
This works perfect with any of our fundraising brochures and works very well when asking for donations.
Ask For Donations
There are some people that would just rather give you money than to buy something that they do not want or need. So you should always give people a choice and the opportunity to choose for them self.
For instance, someone may not have $10 to buy the cookie dough you are selling. However, they may be happy to give you five dollars to help your cause. These school fundraiser ideas prepare you for what to do or say in such a situation.
What could your school students say?
Keep it simple.
- We are raising money for this reason. __________.
- It will help our students to _________.
- We need everyone to help.
- Give a specific dollar amount, For example “Most people donate $5 – $10”.
- However we would be happy to accept whatever you can afford to give today.
Crowd sourcing from small donations like this can help you reach your fundraising goals quickly. You don’t want to overlook these simple but profitable group fundraisers for high schools.
Here is a secret that many students, teachers and parents do not understand yet.
You might be surprised to know that there are several small businesses in your area that are willing to sponsor your club, team or event.
Question… Why would anyone want to sponsor your high school team, club or program?
HINT: You must answer this question before you ask for someone to sponsor you. You must phrase your request in a way that will benefit them.
Here are some possible reasons that may help you find the sponsor of your dreams.
- Perhaps they were alumni at one time.
- Show them how by sponsoring your campaign their business will be promoted by your students.
- Discuss with them how many people will see the advertising whether it is in print or on the Internet.
- People like choices. So offer them three sponsorship levels.
- Offer a special bonus if they sponsor you at a higher level.